White hat search engine optimization techniques are done within the guidelines of search engines and do not violate any rules. Effective search engine optimization is friendly and increases the chances of your website or webpage ranking high in search results.
These guidelines include:
1. Relevant keywords: The use of relevant keywords in a manner that is not excessively repetitive and deceptive is very important and is considered ethical. The keywords should have a direct relationship to the topic or title of the page or site.
2. Using analytic reports and making corrections: Many search engines including google offer analytical reports on the various keywords used by people and the frequency with which the words are used. This information will allow you to tailor your information, keywords, and keyword placement to maximize visits to your website or webpage.
3. Content update: One of the secrets to effective and ethical search engine optimization is updating your content regularly with valid information. This regular update will ensure that search engine spiders will regularly visit your site or page and index it repeatedly with the added information. This is crucial because the rank of a webpage or website is tied directly to the type of information that other similar website or pages have. In the instance that the information is identical (but not plagiarized), the search engine spiders will simply rank the webpage or website that published the information first. This is why new, valid, and regular updates are necessary. Of all the white hat search engine optimization techniques or ethical methods available, This could potentially be the most important.
4. Linking to websites: Linking to websites and requesting links from websites/webpages to your own is important because it creates more gateways to your website or webpage. The more gateways there are to your site, the greater the chances of increased viewership. The logic behind this is simple. When your webpage or website has numerous links to and from other websites, readers have a greater variety of information to read and can easily come to your site or other sites. This increases viewer satisfaction and happy readers will always come back.
5. Limiting the repetitiveness of keywords: While repeating keywords is an integral part of search engine optimization, it is important to make sure that the repetition is not excessive. If the spiders of the search engines see your page covered in repetition of the same words or phrases, your content will be classified as spam and will not be shown in the search results.
Although these techniques constitute good white hat search engine optimization, an important influence on whether your content is considered good enough to rank on the first page of search engine results is the information provided by other websites or webpage in the same category with yours. A good website has valuable information that no one else has or has a different and interesting view of things. That is why indexing your content before submitting them to search engines is essential. A good way to ensure indexing is to publish your content to a blog before submitting it to a search engine.
Using white hat search engine optimization will provide a long-term solution to the problem of gaining visitors without running the risk of being banned or grouped as spam.
White hat and black hat search engine optimization are different methods of achieving search engine optimization and great care should be taken in the selection of one or the other.